I got this recipe from Joyce Humphries at the Miele Showroom in Wellesley, MA. She was trying to show us more ways to use our Steam Oven. (It is fabulous for fish, but I still prefer my stove top steamer for veggies). Here is a link to Joyce’s recipe at the Miele website. In case you were wondering, Verdicchio is a type of Italian white wine grape. I’ve modified the recipe to suit myself quite a bit. I imagine one could also bake it in a regular oven.
- 1/3 cup unsalted Butter (you want to be able to control the amount of salt going into a dish)
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 to 1 & 1/2 lbs of boneless Chicken (I prefer thighs) (cut into thin strips or bite sized pieces.)
- one 12 oz jar Artichoke Hearts (I prefer not marinated)
- one Portobello Mushroom, cut into bite sized chunks (or 8 oz of sliced mushrooms)
- a handful of Sun Dried Tomatoes, cut into small pieces (1/4 cup?)
- 8 – 10 Capers, minced
- 1 cup White Wine
- Juice from 1 Lemon (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (preferably freshly grated)
- 1 cup Brown Rice or one 16 oz box of Penne Pasta (or Ziti)
First get the starch of your choice (rice, pasta or bread) cooking.
In a casserole dish, evenly distribute: the butter in small chunks, thin slices of garlic, and chunks of chicken:
Then top with Artichoke Hearts, Mushrooms, Capers, Sun-dried Tomatoes:
Pour on Wine & Lemon Juice.
Cover and Steam Oven for 9 minutes, until the chicken is cooked:
Serve over or next to your starch of choice.
Makes great leftovers. 🙂